Sunday, September 29, 2024

The Invitation

Following the orc attacks, reinforcements arrive on the border. Preparations begin for an offensive against the orcs.

I, Comes Elias, commander of the Chimera Legion, attend a conference with the other legion commanders and the Strategos, the overall commander of the offensive. As he distributes assignments to the other legions, he asks me to stay behind.

Once the conference ends, he turns to me.

We have a special assignment for your legion. Most will remain as garrisons for the border towns.

I was aghast. Stay behind the lines? I wanted the Chimera Legion to have the opportunity to retaliate against the enemy that inflicted losses upon us.

I began to protest but the Strategos stopped me. He handed me this card.


"I don't understand," I asked, confused.

"This is your assignment. Take a company with you to Chevalia. Attend the feast. Speak to the Duke and enlist his aid in our war."

I selected a company of our finest solders and began the trek to Chevalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment